Basic low FODMAP Pasta carbonara
Carbonara is a delicious hight fat pasta dish and one of my absolute favorites. Here is how to make low FODMAP and just as delicious as usual.
- 300 g of gluten free pasta
- 250 ml og lactose free cream
- 2 eggs
- Spring onions
- Bacon (cubes)
- Cheddar or parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
A really simple list of ingredients if you ask me, and the method is just as simple and easy. Everyone can make this recipe in only 20 minutes.
There are 2 things that makes a really good carbonara, an al dente pasta and a creamy sauce. These things want change when making it low FODMAP, not if you use this recipe anyways. Here are the method in
- Take a bowl out and mix cream, eggs and grated parmesan or cheddar cheese, a bit of salt and pepper.
- Put a pan on the stove and turn on the heat, poor on the bacon and fry it till it is crispy.
- Start heating som water, add salt and pasta when it is boiling and cook for 9-11 minutes or as indicated on the package. Make sure it does not get past the point of al dente by tasting it.
- Start chopping spring onions (only the green top) in fine pieces.
- When the bacon is done take it off on some paper towels to soak up the remaining fat. Clear the the pan from fat and add oil and spring onions.
- While spring onions are getting fried, the pasta should be done. Taste it and if it is done poor away the pasta water except for a couple of table spoons which you can now add to the pan with spring onions.
- Add pasta and sauce to the pan and heat it up.
- Right before serving the dish you can add the bacon or you can sprinkle it on top to keep 100% of the crisp, that is up to you.
Tip: while the dish is already delicious enough you can make even better by chopping up some parsley and sprinkle it on top of the pasta before serving it. This gives a nice and fresh taste to a high fat dish.
Hope you like this dish, please share your comments below or a picture of your food on Instagram using the #lowfodmaplifestyle.