Basic low FODMAP risotto
This is recipe instructions for making a basic low FODMAP risotto. That means you can always use this risotto recipe on the low FODMAP diet and add whatever low FODMAP ingredients you like to it. We regularly make new recipes with this risotto as a base e.g. try our risotto with shrimps and green beans or with carrots.
The most difficult thing to replace ind a low FODMAP risotto is the onions and broth/bouillon. But there are ways to do this e.g. you can find low FODMAP broth and bouillon online and onions can be replaced with the green top from spring onions. Let’s get to it, the recipe.
- 300 g risotto rice
- Spring onions
- 50 g butter
- 1 glass of white wine
- Parmesan cheese
- 1,5 l of boiling water
- Touch of taste chicken bouillon or Massel stock cubes
Risotto is very simple to make it just takes time, focus and patience and it is not any different on the low FODMAP diet as long as you have the right ingredients as listed above.
If you made a risotto before, then there want be much different in the method except the changed ingredients.
- Place a pot on the stove and turn on the heat. Put the 50 grams of butter in it. Boil 1,5 liters of water on your electric kettle.
- While the butter gets heated, take your spring onions, wash them and chop them up real fine. Add to the melted butter and fry to golden.
- Poor all your risotto rice in the pot and fry until they have soaked up the butter, then poor in the glass of white wine.
- Take your hot boiling water from the kettle and mix it with 1,5 table spoon Touch of Taste bouillon or 3 Massel stock cubes and mix it with the water.
- When the rice have soaked up the white wine, you can add some of the bouillon water and stir until it is soaked up, then add some more and continue this process.
- When you added the last bouillon water and you have porridge consistency, taste the rice to see id they are al dente. If not add some more boiled water and if it is then you can add a handful of grated parmesan cheese and taste with salt and pepper.
There you have it a delicious and creamy low FODMAP risotto basic recipe. I recommend adding your own ingredients to make it even more delicious, you are welcome to explore som of our other risotto recipes also to get inspired.